The following steps will take you through some basic operations with the API explorer, to complete this tutorial you will need these prerequisites.
- An account on https://app.kaleidosim.com. You can register a new account here if you do not already have one: https://app.kaleidosim.com/register.
Most of the commands of the API require you to be authenticated. In this section we show you how to authenticate yourself with the API explorer and then to run a command to check the authentication status of your connection.
- Open the API explorer in the Browser (https://api.kaleidosim.com/explorer)
- Navigate to the section called Auth.
- Click on /auth/login, and then click on the “try it out” button.
- Type in your credentials into the request body area and click on execute.
5. If your account has 2FA enabled, you need to send the “twoFactorAuthenticationCode” along with your email and password.
6. If the login operation is successful, you will receive a message with your authentication token. Copy this token to your clipboard.
7. Go to the top of the page and click on Authorize.
8. Paste your token and click on the Authorize button.
9. Scroll down and find the section called Ping.
10. Click on /ping/is-authenticated
11. Click on “Try it out” and then click on “execute”
12. You should have received a response like this:
This tutorial covers the basic usage of the API explorer, please feel free to experiment with other API calls. The APIs Explorer acts on real data in your account, so be careful when trying the different methods to create, delete or update data.